Today we will integrate Infoblox IPAM with vRealize Automation.
- We will need to deploy the Infoblox Appliance to our VMware environment
- Make initial network configuration.
- Login to the web-interface
- The Installation Wizard will start automatically. In this case we configure it as a standalone appliance.
- Assign the IP address and the FQDN.
- Change the admin password
- Add NTP server.
- Review and press Finish
- Now we have to Setup GRID.
- Set a GRID name and other requested info
- Set the IP Addresses
- If you want to change password do it.
- Confirm that the correct NTP chosen.
- Review and Finish
- Now we need to goto Administration->Extensible Attributes
- Add the required for vRA attributes
- Go To Data Management and add Subnet.
- We need to create cloudadmin account which will work with cloud-api (don’t forget to apply the cloud automation license to Infoblox)
- I give full permission to cloud-api-only as it is in test environment.
- Add Microsoft Servers so we can get the AD-Integrated DNS Synced.
Installation of vRO Plug-in
- SSH or Console to your vRA Appliance and start vco-configurator service as it is disabled by default.
- Go To vRO Control Center
- Use your Credentials.
- Go To Manage Plug-Ins
- Browse to your Plugin and press Install. Don’t Forget to save changes.
- Now we need to add Infoblox Certificate to the trusted store of vRO.
- Simply Import it from the infobox URL
- Now we are ready to go to vRO
- Browse through the library to Infoblox ->vRA->Installation->Setup Wizard
- I have vRA and IaaS Hosts already added to vRO. And it is not needed to add them once again.
Creation of Endpoint in vRA
- Create new Endpoint IPAM->Infoblox. Use cloudadmin account we created in the first section and go to properties and add new: Infoblox.IPAM.APIType = Cloud API
- Create new External Network Profile
- Choose Infoblox as an EndPoint. In Network Ranges you will see the Infoblox Range you already created choose it.
- Go to Reservations and edit the one where you want to Add Infoblox.
- In network tab choose Network Profile ->Infoblox.
After this steps are done we can use this profile in Blueprints.
Hope this was informative.