Hi everyone in this Article we will create new FTP server based on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.
Okay lets start!
- We have to start our Server manager Press manage and add roles
- Add Roles and Features Wizard will open with information text. We shall run through this text and press next
- Here we choose Role-based or feature-based install and press next
- We choose our server in this case its FS01 and press next
- We shall tick the checkbox for IIS and window will pop up automatically with list of required roles. Press Add Features. And then press Next
- We don’t need to install any additional features so just press next
- In IIS role services choose both and press next.
- On confirmation tab review the selected and press Install
- Great our installation is complete
- Now let’s create the folder which we will use for FTP purpose
- And we need to create user (it can be domain or local)
- We need to open IIS management console
- Right click server name and choose Add FTP Site.
- We shall choose Site name and Physical Path (Folder we created before)
- Choose the IP address (If you want to use it externally you have to translate address to external
- And finally add user you want to access to FTP
Thank you for reading